There will be a cookout to show our appreciation for all the volunteer maintainers of the Mason-Dixon Trail on Saturday, August 18, 11:30 am at Perryville Community Park (hot dogs, hamburgers and rolls will be provided). There will also be a hike starting at 9 am that will loop around Perry Point following both the new relocation of the M-DT and the old route that it's replacing. The cookout will be followed by an abbreviated meeting starting at 1:30. . Hot dogs, hamburgers and rolls will be provided. Bring your favorite side dish to share; we'll have coolers with ice available to keep it cold. Let us know if you're coming and how many of you there are so that we have enough food. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information. All three events are open to the public!
Directions to Hike, Cookout & Meeting:
1) From the intersection of I-95 and US-222, drive south on US-222 for 1.5 mi
2) Make a sharp left turn onto US-40 and drive 0.3 mi
3) Turn right onto Coudon Blvd and drive 0.5mi
4) Continue onto Broad St/Philadelphia Rd anddrive another 0.2 mi
5) Turn left onto Ikea Way and drive 0.4 mi
6) Turn right onto Marion Tapp Pkwy and drive 1.0 mi
7) Turn right into the baseball parking lot and drive to the far end.
The address listed for Perryville Community Park Center is 100 Marion Tapp Pkwy. In Google Maps that takes you about 0.2 mi past the baseball parking lot. The Lat/Lon for the far end of the parking lot is (39.54758, -76.05328).